Where to get fitted for a bra?
You can get fitted at any one of our Bendon stores or outlets. To find your nearest store, check
Bra fittings at Bendon are FREE and there’s no need to make an appointment, our trained fit experts are available to help you at any time. You can get fitted solo or get fitted with a friend!
What happens at your bra fitting?
The whole process takes less than 3 minutes!
- We'll measure you (over your clothes) with a tape measure.
- We’ll talk with you about what you like and are looking for in a bra, be it colour, fabric or occasion.
- We’ll bring you a curated selection of bras to try.
- Once you’re in your fave, we’ll check your fit and make any adjustments to ensure your fit is perfect. You are welcome to bring different outfits to your fitting if you’re looking for a bra to wear for an occasion or want something that will work for multiple looks.
Our goal is to have you leave the store feeling more confident and more comfortable than you have in a long time. You will also have a better idea of what your true bra size is and what styles are most flattering so future bra shopping will be a breeze.
The 5 key things we’ll check at your bra fitting
Once in the fitting room, we will measure you over your clothing. We measure over the breast (with your existing bra and top on). We also measure under the breast, pulling the tape measure very tight, as this mimics the band that goes around the body. This should be firm, as the back band is one of the main areas that make a well-fitting bra.
Once measured and in your try-on bra, there are 5 key things we will check:
- That the back band is straight and firm against your body.
- That the center panel sits flat against your body.
- That your bra cups don’t gape, or your breasts aren’t spilling out.
- That the wire position is not touching your breast tissue.
- That the bra straps are firm and can fit two fingers comfortably underneath.
How you know it’s time for a bra fitting
There are some telltale signs that it might time for a bra fitting.
- Your bra is uncomfortable, loose, or not feeling like its supporting you anymore
- You’ve never been fitted before
- You’ve changed your clothing size
- You’re pregnant, or have recently had a baby
- Your body has gone through some other sort of life changes.
It’s a good idea to get fitted every time you buy a new bra, to ensure your new bra fits perfectly.
We understand that may not always be possible, so a fitting every 12 months is a good habit to get into.
Signs of an ill-fitting bra
- Underwire feels uncomfortable
- Straps feel too tight, or too loose
- Bulging over the cups
- Bra strap rides up at the back
- Centre front is too loose or digs in
A professional bra fitting with Bendon means saying bye-bye to bad-fitting bras.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you measure yourself at home?
- First measure your underbust
Measure around the body, directly below the bust. Below measurements are in centimetres.
- Secondly measure your Overbust:
Measure across the fullest part of the breast. Below measurements are in centimetres.
- Then use our handy size chart to work out your bra size here.
We do however highly recommend you come into a store and get fitted professionally. Even we find it can be tricky to get the correct measurements yourself. Once you have been fitted in store and have your measurements, it’s a lot easier to shop online
Once you have your measurements, you can use our sizing chart to work out your size. It is still advisable to go in for a fitting if you haven’t had one in the last year, as the fit specialist will check things like making sure no part of the bra is digging into your breast tissue, your straps are fitting well, and your breast is fitting snuggly into your cups. Additionally, whilst you may be one size in one brand you may not always be the same size in the same brand, as this comes down to the cup style eg full coverage vs balconette.
Is bra fitting awkward?
Our bra fit experts see all different shapes and sizes all day every day, and they will aim to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Fittings take place in our changing rooms which are discreet and private. For the initial part of the fitting, you can remain fully clothed, and when our team are checking your bra fit you will be in your bra so you’re never fully in the nude.
Do you have to take your clothes off for a bra fitting?
No, you can leave your clothes on to be measured. Once you have your new bra on, our fit experts can pop back in to check your fit. It takes less than 3 minutes, so less time than it takes to get your morning coffee!
How long does a bra fitting take?
It takes less than 3 minutes, so less time than it takes to get your morning coffee!
How often should we be measured?
Ideally every time you shop for a new bra or new bra style, but if not, at least every 12 months or if your body has changed size.
Which bra is the best for my shape?
At Bendon we love all sizes and shapes! Check out our handy guide on choosing the right bra for your breast shapes.
Tips for before your bra fitting
- Think about what sort of colour and styles you like
- Be open-minded to trying new things.
- Think about what your bra collection is missing.
Get fitted at Bendon
We’ve been bra fitting now for nearly 75 years, so you could say it’s in our DNA. Don’t let a bad fitting bra ruin your day come in and see the Bendon team at your nearest store today. Remember its FREE, no appointment is needed, and we are always here to help.